DOW ECOLIBRIUM Bio-Based Plasticizers offer a renewable alternative to traditional petroleum-based plasticizers for a more sustainable option.
This unique green technology is exclusive to Phifer for the window treatment industry and can only be found in SheerWeave Style 4400/4000/4100 fabrics.
ECOLIBRIUM bene ts include:
• Lowers greenhouse gas emissions as much as 40% vs. existing PVC compounds • 98% of the plasticizer is derived from non-fossil fuel based feedstock
• Lower carbon footprint
• RoHS compliant
• LEED credits for rapidly renewable content may be available • Ability for compound to be recycled in a standard vinyl stream • USDA certified bio-based product
SheerWeave fabrics manufactured with DOW ECOLIBRIUM maintain all of the established benefits of traditional vinyl such as durability, cleanability and fabric longevity.
GREENGUARD Certi cation ensures products have met some of the world’s most rigorous and comprehensive standards for low emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into indoor air. Phifer was the first manufacturer in the window treatment industry to achieve GREENGUARD certification for interior shading fabrics. Certification is completely voluntary and ensures that the highest industry standards are being applied to maintain indoor air quality for the health and safety of building occupants.
Phifer SheerWeave fabrics are the only shade fabrics in the world to include Microban protection.
Microban antimicrobial protection works continuously to inhibit the growth of bacteria, mold and mildew that can cause stains, odors and product deterioration.
• Microban antimicrobial protection is infused into Phifer SheerWeave sun control fabrics for lasting protection that won’t wash off or wear away for the lifetime of the shade.
• SheerWeave fabrics infused with Microban antimicrobial technology are ideal for any
commercial or residential environment where microbes are a concern, including healthcare, hospitality, home, of ce, schools and institutions.
• Most SheerWeave fabrics include Microban® antimicrobial product protection. Microban is the leading technology in antibacterial/antifungal protection.
Most SheerWeave fabrics have received the Seal of Approval by the Melanoma International Foundation (MIF) for effectiveness in preventing sun damage to the skin or eyes.
Solar heat gain can account for up to 50% of a building’s energy costs according to the U.S. Department of Energy. By reflecting solar energy, Phifer’s broad range of SheerWeave fabrics reduce solar heat gain, lower energy costs and improve comfort. Phifer shade fabrics allow for the use of natural day lighting to reduce the need for artificial lighting and provide additional energy savings.